Monday 15 November 2021

Zipline

 I wanted to make a zipline in my backyard. First I tried with rope but it was too saggy and you just hit the ground, so we bought some wire. That was better, but then the pully I was using wouldn't work because thewire was too slippery so the wheel coudn't turn. So Dad and I made a wooden box with ball bearings that wenton the wire and that worked. Well, the first version broke when mum went down he zipline so we had to make another one with stronger wood. It was really satisfying when it finally worked because of how long it took tosolve all the problems.



3 comments:

  1. Nice job, Zac, thanks for sharing. You are your dad are very clever to be able to make this, it looks VERY impressive. Did you persuade any other members of your family to have a turn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a super impressive zip line, but I have not had a second go on it after the first prototype broke when I was going down it... after being assured that it was super strong! Luckily I was over the trampoline and also luckily there is no video footage of when it happened :)

      Delete
  2. HI Zac.
    Tupou here I really loved how you introduced your zip line 9000 and relly love how you showed us how it works and see how it is. I wonder if i can try it out what do you think? Thank you for your hard work.
    🌟Tupou🌟

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.